Charity, Health, Education, Other, IE News
Free not-for-profit digital white paper
IE Digital's new white paper contains some of the wisdom we’ve collected from helping not-for-profits to engage with their audiences over the course of nearly 25 years – increasing their impact and reach through user research and discovery, UX design, user testing, CMS websites, mobile apps, CRM integrations, and bespoke web applications. Part I of "Not-for-profits: why, when and how to build websites, apps and digital services" is out now, with more to follow!
Today, not-for-profits have access to an unprecedented array of digital tools. Technology which can save them time and money and – critically – can allow them to engage with their audiences in a way never before possible.
You’re probably all too aware of how important it is to invest in your digital strategy and to ensure your core comms tools – like your websites, apps, online processes, and CRM – are up to scratch.
Perhaps you’re an IT Manager or Head of Marketing that’s been tasked with rebuilding those systems, or undertaking a comprehensive review of how effectively they’re performing.
Maybe you’re bewildered by the amount of choice available, or simply concerned about being able to reconcile your organisation’s ambitious objectives with timescales and budget.
If that sounds like you – welcome. "Not-for-profits: why, when and how to build websites, apps and digital services" has been written for people like you.
It’s a story of why, when, and how to build websites, apps and digital services, written in plain English. It’s a story of highs and lows – of innovation and stagnation – and it’s a thoroughly honest account of what’s involved.
So buckle up and enjoy the ride – complete the form below to download the white paper now.
Part I – Website basics – out now!
- Do I need a new website?
- How much do they cost?
- Who should I involve?
- What’s a Content Management System (CMS)?
- What’s a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)?
- What are apps and do I need one?
- What’s a microsite?
- What do mobile-first and offline-first mean?
Part II – Engaging the experts – coming soon
- Where do I start?
- How long does it take?
- What does success look like?
- How do I write a good brief*?
- What research do I need to be doing?
- How do I choose the right development partner?
- What’s the best way to run my project?
- Should we keep our old content?
- What’s the difference between User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX)?
- How can technology help us in our day-to-day jobs?
- What about social media?
- What about my brand**?
Part III – Technologies and development – coming soon
- Which CMS should I choose?
- I’ve got a great idea. Can I build anything?
- Can my website integrate with existing platforms and technologies?
- How long do I need to allow for writing new content?
- Should I tackle my CMS and my CRM at the same time?
- What about ecommerce?
- What’s the difference between programming languages and do I need to care?
- How much control will I have over what things look like?
- What’s the process from beginning to end?
- Can websites support multiple languages and can content appear differently in different regions?
Part IV – Go live and ongoing support – coming soon
- What kind of testing do I need to do before I can go live?
- How much control should I give content editors and administrators?
- What’s the difference between hosting and support?
- What are my ongoing costs likely to be?
- How long will my website last?
- What can go wrong?
- What’s GDPR and what does it mean to me?
- What’s SEO and why is it important?
- What’s PPC and do I need it?
- How important is security and what are the risks?
- How can I track progress and measure my website’s performance?
Request the digital white paper now:
The small print: By signing up with your details above you'll be emailed a link to download a PDF of the white paper. It will be sent to you by email so please check your inbox, and if it doesn't arrive also check your junk/spam folder. We'll send you Part I, and you'll receive Parts II, III and IV as soon as they are published.
If you tick the box you'll also be opted-in to receive other regular news and updates from IE Design Consultancy Ltd (trading as IE Brand/IE Digital) – including client news and case studies, invitations to events, special offers, and other information we think you might find interesting.
Really impressed with your white papers – they’ve been really helpful in shaping thinking around some brand development and digital transformation work I’m planning.Katie Walker
Head of Brand & Marketing, Above & Beyond (Charity Fundraising for Bristol city centre hospitals)