New WordPress website for education charity
Young Enterprise (YE) is the UK’s leading enterprise and financial education charity, reaching over 315,000 young people every year. They make the connection between school and the world of work by helping young people to build key skills.
Before we landed
YE had merged with financial education charity pfeg (another long-serving IE client) in 2014, and pfeg rebranded as Young Money (YM) three years later. They continued to operate two separate websites, until the time was right to integrate the two.
The challenge we were set
As a long-standing partner of both YE and YM, IE Digital was appointed to develop a single, intuitive new website that would be more efficient for staff to maintain through a single CMS.
They wanted the dual-branded new site to improve the user journeys for their key audiences of teachers/careers advisors (primary and secondary schools, colleges, universities etc.) and investors (e.g. corporates, major donors, trusts and ambassadors). Additional users range from YE alumni and volunteers, to the media and Government stakeholders.
The difference we made
- A highly flexible site, based around a module-builder style functionality, to allow YE to create a wide variety of pages, while keeping everything consistently on brand.
- A highly collaborative design process to take into account the specific needs of the client.
- Integration with ProgressCRM to facilitate subscriber-only access to lesson plans and CPD training materials for educators.
- A modern, vibrant site to communicate the charity’s mission, work, overall impact, and individual success stories.
- Clearer calls to action and an intuitive donation path for investors, to improve conversion rates.