The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA)
Professional legal training website with elearning integration.
The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA) is the educational arm of the Council of the Inns of Court. They design and deliver a number of advanced, bespoke legal advocacy training and CPD courses, including a new innovative two-part Bar Professional Training Course.
"Working with IE Digital has been a very positive experience. They quickly understood what we wanted to achieve and the development process went extremely smoothly. The result is a website which not only looks great, but is thoughtfully designed and easy to administer. We are looking forward to a long and productive partnership!"
Adrian Clarke, Digital Manager
The Council of the Inns of Court
Before we landed
As ICCA is gradually moving towards delivering more of its learning online, they realised their website wasn’t up to the task. They also planned to launch a new Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) for September 2020, for which they needed to begin marketing a year in advance.
The challenge we were set
IE Digital was tasked with the design and build of a new digital platform, to support both ICCA’s legacy content and its planned expansion. The site needed to be future-proofed to enable future integration with various e-learning platforms.
The difference we made
- WordPress site with a simplified user interface and clearer information architecture, retaining only the most relevant legacy content.
- Mobile-first design to ensure an exceptional user experience on tablets and mobile phones.
- A log-in area for course facilitators and trainers to access resources.
- A modern visual identity and brand guidelines, based around a prestige colour palette.
- Beautiful photography shot on location at the College with real students and practitioners, reflecting a more inclusive ICCA.
- Improved site performance across all metrics, compared with the old site (year on year).